Current version: 0.6, released: 2013-03-24
DataBasin is a tool to access and work with SalesForce.com. It allows to perform queries remotely, export and import data.
To connect to SFDC, DataBasin uses the WebServices exposed by the
SFDC API and exposes them as methods of the DBSoap class. Currently not
all methods are implemented yet. To send and receive the SOAP messages,
DB uses the websevices (GSWS)
available from GNUstep libraries and which is a mandatory requisite.
- Support "." as Semi-Join
- Select Identify works now with multiple columns (all in AND as condition)
- Suppport LIMIT clause in Select Identify
- Improved Exception catching and display for Select Identify
- Object Inspector supports selection of items
- Log window with selectable log level
- Progress and estimated completion time displayed in Log
- Remember logins
- internal API improvemnt
- vast 64bit and portability improvements
- Support count and aggretate queries
- quoted CVS support in reading
- support for reading DOS/UNIX/MAC file formats
- improved exception trapping and display
- fixed bugs in create and updates
- Select identify: execute select on records identified by Id or Unique identifier
- http / https connection choice
- Object Inspector: given an Id, the object type is identified, described and all fields are queried and displayed in a convenient table
- Vastly better string encoding support
- Updated describe to 20.0 API
- The DBSoap core has been extensively rewritten. It supports now operation through the usage of the DBSobject. The core supports describing of object and the query operations now support methods to input/output object arrays instead of just file writers/readers. The core supports now selection of character encoding.
- The Application now sports some new features too, based on the new core:
- "Describe Object" allows to save a CSV file with the object description. Very useful for comparing configurations.
- Select can now do a query all (query in the recycle bin)
- Preferences to select the desired character encoding with file operations.
Pre-0.1 release screenshots:
The workspace on running on Macintosh. Visible are the log-in
window, the session inspector which gets populated after a successful
log-on and the panel to run select queries. In the other screenshot
more session information is now shown as well as the update pane.